Our speech therapy program assists patients in adapting and compensating to overcome problems with speech, hearing, comprehension, expression, or swallowing. Speech therapists can evaluate, plan, and conduct treatment for speech deficits, voice problems, hearing, and word pronunciation difficulties to help patients better express their needs and improve communication. Therapists work as a team with our Dietary Department to address and improve feeding and swallowing concerns.
- Oral motor retraining
- Voice therapy and language skills assessment
- Auditory and visual comprehension
- Development of communication devices
- Dietary consultation
- Cognitive and perceptual retraining
- Management of dysphagia or swallowing problem