Some of the most exciting things we do take place every day in our Rehabilitation Gym. Our in-house therapists and nursing staff work as partners to treat patients who may have lost strength and mobility due to illness, trauma, or surgery.
All of our therapists are highly trained and certified therapists who work exclusively for Plum Tree.
We provide in-patient therapy services up to six days a week. Upon admission, our team will consult with your physician and create a personalized therapy program specific for your needs and desires.
Our physical therapy program is designed to address neurological, orthopedic, rheumatologic conditions, and other injuries and illness. We emphasize balance, gait, transfer training, safety, coordination, strengthening, and pain management in an effort to help patients achieve their highest levels of functional mobility.
- Individualized exercise programs
- Range of motion exercise
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Gait and balance training
- Posture and body mechanics
- Glide Track System, assists in initiating walker and weight bearing activities
- Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound, Short-Wave Diathermy, H-Wave and Solaris Light Therapy for:
- Stroke program
- Pain Management
- Contracture Management
- Muscle Strengthening and Re-education
Our occupational therapy program focuses on improving our patients’ skills in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Therapists work with patients to maximize their potential for re-learning basic living skills such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, and cooking. Our therapists help our patients learn to cope with losses in ADL and physical functioning, through the use of therapeutic exercise and activity.
- Home assessment
- Home management skills
- Neuro-muscular re-education
- Safety training
- Arm and hand rehabilitation
- ADL retraining
- Contracture management and splint screening
- Perceptual skills retraining
- Arthritis management
Our Speech Therapy program is designed to evaluate, enhance and restore speech, language and swallowing disorders. The focus of therapy is to improve communication skills as well as adapting and compensating for new deficits. Speech Therapy also works as a team with our Dietary Department to address and improve feeding and swallowing concerns. Specific treatment programs are designed to meet each patient’s needs.
- Oral muscular strengthening
- Receptive and Expressive language treatment
- Voice Therapy
- Development of communication devices
- Cognitive-linguistic training
- Management and retraining of swallowing impairments as well as dietary texture adaptations