Some of the most exciting things we do take place every day in our Rehabilitation Gym. Our in-house therapists and nursing staff work as partners to treat patients who may have lost strength and mobility due to illness, trauma, or surgery.
All of our therapists are highly trained and certified therapists who work exclusively for Stanford Court.
We provide in-patient therapy services seven days a week. Upon admission, our team will consult with your physician and create a personalized therapy program specific for your needs and desires.
Our physical therapy program is designed to address neurological, orthopedic, rheumatologic conditions, and other injuries and illness. We emphasize balance, gait, transfer training, safety, coordination, strengthening, and pain management in an effort to help patients achieve their highest levels of functional mobility.
- Individualized exercise programs
- Range of motion exercise
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Gait and balance training
- Posture and body mechanics
- Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound, Short-Wave Diathermy, H-Wave and Solaris Light Therapy for:
- Pain Management
- Contracture Management
- Muscle Strengthening and Re-education
- Home management skills
- Neuro-muscular re-education
- Safety training
- Arm and hand rehabilitation
- ADL retraining
- Contracture management and splint screening
- Perceptual skills retraining
- Arthritis management
Our speech therapy program assists patients in adapting and compensating to overcome problems with speech, hearing, comprehension, expression or swallowing. Speech therapists can evaluate, plan, and conduct treatment for speech deficits, voice problems, hearing, and word pronunciation difficulties to help patients better express their needs and improve communication. Therapists work as a team with our Dietary Department to address and improve feeding and swallowing concerns.
- Oral motor retraining
- Voice therapy and language skills assessment
- Auditory and visual comprehension
- Development of communication devices
- Dietary consultation • Cognitive and perceptual retraining
- Management of Dysphagia or swallowing problem